Joe Rowntree is a stand-up comedian, actor, writer and presenter. He graduated from Goldsmiths College in 2003 with a BSc Hons in Psychology. His television career started back in 2001 writing put-downs for Anne Robinson on "The Weakest Link". He has hosted 2 UK tours of "Brainiac Live" which culminated at the Hammersmith Apollo after appearing in all six series of the award-winning hit Sky 1 show "Brainiac: Science Abuse" and recently recorded "Dave's One Night Stand" (Dave), which he was a huge hit on!
Joe performs at the most prestigious and reputable comedy clubs across the UK and International comedy circuit including:
- The Comedy Store
- The Glee Club
- Banana Cabaret
- The Comedy Café
- The Stand
- Komedia ...to name a few!
Joe has also been a hit overseas in Dubai, Qatar and Bahrain (with the Comedy Store) and throughout Europe and America. He has supported Rhod Gilbert and Stephen K Amos in theatres on their national tours and recently performed for a month in Mary Tobin’s Best of Fest package show at the Melbourne Comedy Festival 2012!
Television & Acting
Joe's television acting appearances include:
- "The Sack Race" (BBC2)
- "In Your Face" (Bravo)
- "1970s Office" (Sky 1)
- Adverts for MTV and Burger King
- "The Richard Hammond Show" (ITV)
- "Richard & Judy" (Channel 4)
- “Brainiac: Science Abuse” & “Brainiac’s Test Tube Baby” (Sky 1)
- "Secret Interview" (Channel 5)
- "Claudia Winkelman's Art Show" (BBC Radio 2)
- "The Blame Game" (BBC Radio Northern Ireland)
- Adidas (Chelsea FC warm-up artist for UK shirt launch at Stamford Bridge)
- Pernod Ricard (warm-up artist for Annual General Conference)
- Müller (Motivation Session)